What is a Certified Cross Trainer?
According to CrossFit Headquarters, a Certified CrossFit Trainer has demonstrated the ability to:
A Certified CrossFit Trainer:
- Designs and leads CrossFit workouts for both groups and individuals, from beginner to advanced, that are safe, effective, and appropriate for individuals who are apparently healthy or have medical clearance to exercise. The trainer recognizes the limitations of his or her own knowledge and skill set and refers clients to other healthcare professionals when appropriate.
- Assesses, monitors, and develops exercise programming based on the athlete’s current and ongoing fitness and performance goals, fitness level, readiness for training, performance (relative to goals, level, and readiness for training), lifestyle patterns, diet, and nutritional needs.
- Teaches functional movements.
- Minimizes risk and facilitates sound movement patterns.
- Educates and motivates athletes towards exercise-program success and sound nutritional and lifestyle strategies.
- Runs an ethical practice operating with professionalism and integrity.
- Minimizes and manages risk for the athlete in the training facility, is prepared for emergency situations, and responds appropriately when they occur.
The Certified CrossFit Level 3 Trainer has demonstrated competency across a breadth of CrossFit material. They understand CrossFit methodology and coaching via the Certificate Courses, have significant CrossFit coaching experience, and have passed the ANSI-accredited Certified CrossFit Trainer examination.